Wednesday, March 3, 2010

makin' the rockin' world go 'round-one day at a time

Here's what I've got going on today and this week:

The farm box came and was bountiful, so I'm sure roasted turnips/radishes/sweet potatoes/and whatever else will happen. And at the same time, those same roots will go to kid's menu as well.

Steaming some broccoli for the kid. Next, some greens and awesome looking spinach. Which I also added to some good looking lettuce for a salad tonight for the man's dinner. Speaking of tonight's dinner: chorizo meatballs! Sounds good, doesn't it? I mean who doesn't love meatballs. Maybe I'll take pictures. Maybe I'll start a food album... And maybe some sort of recipe thing. For now, if you want any, just ask.

Baking/dessert projects: I'm putting off the sourdough to make a bday cake for a friend. Lemon curd filled lemony goodness. I shipped some goodies this week to a couple of friends. I'm also thinking I have to make more orange/grapefruit marmalade soon. And damn, yesterday and Monday were busy cake days! 10 baked, filled and frosted in 2 days along with a bunch of other crap like brownies and flan. I've also decided that Queen is best to listen to at work while making cakes. And fully prepared to be embarrased when my owner walks in while I'm singing Fat Bottom Girls. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment