Monday, May 16, 2011

the jam post is here!



Wow, must have been some sammich as I'm just now getting back to posting about it... I've been busy, er, lazy. Yeah, that's more like it. Ok, cutting myself some slack. I've been busy and lazy. As in by the time I'm done being busy during the day, I just want to be lazy at night. Having a kid can fry your brain.


Any way. Marmalade, in a crock pot. I've been on a crock pot kick since I quit my job. It helps tremendously, really. So great to just dump every thing in there and be done with dinner so that I may child-tend.



So without further ado: Orange grapefruit marmalade


4 oranges

2 grapefruits

sugar



Slice everything as thinly as possible. I segmented the grapefruit, I didn't want that my pith in it making it all bitter.

Alternate layer of citrus/sugar

Add a pinch of salt (cause it makes everything better)

Set it on low(and forget it) ok, not entirely, I stirred it every once in awhile

I ended up pureeing mine because I can't cut too thinly, and I wanted a more uniform consistency, too.

I started this kind of late in the afternoon, and had to continue the next day so I can't quite give exact cooking time. Just taste it from time to time. The house smelled so deliciously wonderful! The fruit came from G & S Grove down in south Texas and were organically grown.








No comments:

Post a Comment