Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LL Sauerkraut

Well, the sauerkraut was a success. I have another batch working since, well, I got another head of cabbage in my farm box. I gifted the first jar, so this batch I'm keeping. Well, maybe, I got another head in the farm box.

So speaking of fermentation... My sourdough starter turns a year old this week! It's made me many a loaf of sourdough deliciousness.

A friend posted a blog that listed how to make things yourself, i.e. baking powder, brown sugar, and butter. I'm considering this. Especially for the business. It's hard to find bulk organic brown sugar, but to make it myself would be awesome. I did make my own butter last night, and it was pretty easy. Not sure how often I'd do that though.

So looks like a short post today as I have to no recipe to share right now.

1 comment:

  1. I tried making lactofermented sauerkraut once and it was dangerous. I also made fermented nut cheese which came out initially okay and then turned dangerous. I will have to try again eventually.

    Mei Ling

    ReplyDelete